The Life Skills Enterprise Team is pleased and proud to partner with the following passionate, talented and committed professionals who are highly qualified to deliver educational resources and services in food choices, faith building and future development.
Dr. Monica Y. Jackson, Ph.D. — Dr. Monica is our founder. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in higher education, academic administration, coaching, mentoring, leadership, marketing and journalism. After being misdiagnosed by medical doctors, not once, not twice, but three times and losing three close friends to cancer at a young age, she discovered a newfound passion, purpose and commitment to empower, educate and motivate individuals in food choices, faith building and future development.
Dr. Monica has observed a society perishing from a lack of knowledge. As a result, she is passionate about educating and bridging the knowledge gap in food, faith and future. To spread the word, she serves on the African American Health Advisory Board at Parkview Community Hospital and hosts The JOURNEY Talk Radio show. She maximizes her creative talent at Designs by Dr. Monica. She earned an Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts from Marymount Palos Verdes College (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA), Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from California State University Dominguez Hills (Carson, CA), Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix (Ontario, CA) and Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Leadership from Trident University International (Cypress, CA). She graduated from Water of Life’s School of Ministry. Her professional corporate experience includes:
- Education: Special Project Director of Distance Education (Cypress College), Program Director (Corinthian Colleges), Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs (Platt College), Professor (DeVry University, ITT Technical Institute, Riverside Community College), Instructional Designer (Knowledgecity), Higher Education/Distance Education Consultant at various colleges and universities, including Western University of Health Sciences.
- Information Technology: Software Engineer (Xerox Corporation), Programmer Analyst (Pacific Mutual Life Insurance Company), Sr. Business Analyst (Trident Data Systems), Project Lead (Union Bank of California), Document Imaging Engineer & Consultant (FileNet Corporation, Automated Concepts Inc., Ingram Micro, Metro-Goldwyn Mayer, Charles Schwab)
- Journalism/Publishing: Freelance Writer (Black Enterprise Magazine, Upscale Magazine, Inland Empire Business Journal, Riverside Business Journal, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, Celebrity Home Magazine); Writer/Editor (MyContracts.com Inc., The Press Enterprise, The Business Press)
- Publishing/Book Writing: Workshops and Classes (Written Expressions Enterprise, Abundant Living Family Church, Friendship Baptist Church), Self-Publishers (various authors)
- Event Planning: Business Expos, Tradeshows and Special Events (Abundant Living Family Church, Friendship Baptist Church, New Day Christian Fellowship,SunWize Corporation, Sentinel Offender Services)
Dr. Pamela Middleton, M.D. — Dr. Pam has a wealth of knowledge and experience in healthcare. She operates a private practice in Newport Beach, CA, where she specializes in integrative pediatrics, merging traditional and holistic medicine that focus on the mind, body and spirit. Dr. Pam earned an Associate of Science in Funeral Service from Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service (Atlanta, GA), Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from Howard University (Washington, DC) and Doctorate of Medicine from Wayne State University (Detroit, MI). For additional information, visit her private practice page.